Chandler, Arizona Horseback Riding Vacation at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass
Designed to be an authentic representation of the Gila River Indian Community’s heritage and culture, the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa is the place for an Arizona horseback riding vacation. The architecture, design, art and legends of the Pima (Akimel O’otham) and Maricopa (Pee Posh) tribes are reflected in the Chandler, Arizona resort. Your AAA Four Diamond horseback riding vacation will includes
- Aji Spa, a 17,500 square foot spa with 17 treatment rooms
- Whirlwind Golf Club, with two 18-hole, Troon-managed golf courses
- Koli Equestrian Center for riding lessons, trail rides and outdoor events
- Four pools with cascading waterfalls and a 111-foot waterslide modeling the ancient Casa Grande Ruins
- Tennis courts and jogging trails
- A 2-1/2 mile replica of the Gila River with scenic boat rides to shuttle guests to nearby attractions
Mustang & Massage Horseback Riding Vacation
Spend the morning on horseback in search of the 1,500 wild horses that roam the Gila River Indian Community and enjoy an afternoon of luxurious pampering with this one of a kind package offered at Aji Spa. Cowboys from the Equestrian Center will greet you on horseback for a 1.5 hour ride through ancient tribal lands. Keep an eye out for a coveted view of these amazing animals before returning to the spa. Indulge in the sanctuary of Aji Spa for the rest of the day while enjoying a saddle-soothing 50-minute full body massage (excludes Watsu) and delicious lunch at Aji Cafe.
SIX GUN THEATER AND RAWHIDE ROUGHRIDERS
If your kid’s like cowboy culture they might enjoy the stunt show – personally, I have not yet visited the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. Watch wild West gunfights, explosions, daring falls, and cowboy antics. Show offerings and times vary from day to day.
BURRO RIDES Located outside the Sunset Patio, Buckaroos can ride through town on the back of a burro. Weight restrictions apply -we need to be kind to animals.
What are your favorite things to do on a horseback riding vacation in Chandler, Arizona?
If You Go:
5594 West Wild Horse Pass Blvd., Chandler, Arizona 85226