Casa de Sierra Nevada is calling y’all to embrace the authentic culture of San Miguel de Allende with the “Classy Cowboy & Cowgirl” horseback riding vacation package. While enjoying a three-night stay in luxury accommodations, as well as customized excursions, experiential travelers will be transported to a time when man, horse and nature formed a divine trinity.
The “Classy Cowboy & Cowgirl” package includes:
- Three nights accommodations at Casa de Sierra Nevada
- Half-day of horseback riding lessons
- Visit to the 50-acre Rancho Santa Emilia, a historic ranch owned by retired Swiss perfumer Jean-Jacques Denier and his wife, featuring nine horses, bulls, stables and a riding ring
- Cooking class at Sazon Cooking School, where the resort’s Executive Chef peels the secrets of traditional and modern Mexican cooking with local ingredients
- Tequila tasting
- Signature massage at Laja Spa, paying tribute to the local natural abundance, with each treatment room named after a different plant or flower found in the region
Casa de Sierra Nevada horseback riding vacation
Located in the cobble-stoned street of this colonial city, the boutique hotel of Casa de Sierra Nevada is a mixture of 16th to 18th century Spanish colonial buildings. Its 37 rooms and suites are spread amongst six Colonial mansions, including: Casa del Parque, a fort in the 17th century and later a customs house catering to the silver trade; and Casa Principal, the former residence of San Miguel de Allende’s Archbishop in 1580 and an official historical landmark.
Each casona, or mansion, which features five to seven guest rooms or suites, is unique. Many feature outdoor courtyards with fountains, small gardens and al fresco corridors. Guests do not have the feeling of being in a hotel at all. Rather, they are integrated into the town itself, making for a true cultural immersion. The experience is akin to living in a beautiful, historic apartment, where each building has an inner courtyard where one can sit and enjoy the evening, with candles creating a romantic ambience.
Horseback riding vacation in Central Mexico
San Miguel de Allende sits at an altitude of 6,435 feet above sea level. Located in Central Mexico it is easily reached from Mexico City which is 177 miles away, the nearby León Airport which is 1 hour and 30 minutes away from the hotel or the Queretaro Airport, just 1 hour from the hotel.
Casa Sierra Nevada offers guests transportation from the airport.
If You Go:
Casa de Sierra Nevada 1-800-701-1561
San Miguel de Allende